Trouble with Visual Studio Plugin

nikhilhs

When I use the 2011.12 build for Plastic SCM 3.0, I get the error when opening a project in visual studio: "an unspecified failure occurreed[sic] while initializing the plastic scc plug-in source control provider". The last build I used is 3.0.187.7, and that works fine. I'm attempting to upgrade for Teamcity support. Is there a log or diagnostic file I can send to you?

I'm using the instructions found http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-integrate-plastic-scm-with-teamcity-ci.aspx to install the teamcity plugin. However, I don't see the file com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.PlasticSCM.zip. Has it been moved? I've downloaded the full installer on windows.

Thank you.

-Nick

3.0.30's VS plugin seems to be working. Unfortunately, TeamCity isn't connecting to Plastic correctly. I get the error message: "Test connection failed in MyProj:MyProj. Plastic SCM client is not correctly configured for current user: Client config file C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\plastic\client.conf not found. Please, execute 'clconfigureclient' to perform a text mode configuration or 'plastic --configure' for graphical mode."

I do have a client configured through the client configuration tool. The only folder in C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local is named Microsoft.

3.0.30's VS plugin seems to be working. Unfortunately, TeamCity isn't connecting to Plastic correctly. I get the error message: "Test connection failed in MyProj:MyProj. Plastic SCM client is not correctly configured for current user: Client config file C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\plastic\client.conf not found. Please, execute 'clconfigureclient' to perform a text mode configuration or 'plastic --configure' for graphical mode."

We had issues with the TeamCity Plastic plugin as well. Our solution was to run both the TeamCity server and the build agent as a user that Plastic knew about. I am not particular happy about that setup, but it has been working for a while.

Hello nikhihs,

can you try the following?

copy your "client.conf" into the "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\plastic\" directory or even easier, copy it to the PlasticSCM client installation path.

I think that this is going to work for your desired user.

Regards,

manu

copy your "client.conf" into the "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\plastic\" directory or even easier, copy it to the PlasticSCM client installation path.

The problem is that TeamCity per default runs as the Local System user. This is a problem if Plastic is configured to use Active Directory as authentication method.

Archived