How can I filter out directories and files I don't want to see ?

d98rolb

Hi, I have just begin to evaluate PlasticScm so excuse me if the answer to question may be obvious.

I have a set up a Workspace directory and I have a lot of files I don't want to see like exe-files and other temp files and directories.

How can I hide them in the Items View ?

I have tried to delete them and then choose "Do not delete on disk", but the only thing that happened is that the files is marked as Private/Ignored.

So how can I permanently hide those files without delete them from disk ?

Regards

Roland Bengtsson

Team Attracs

I must have misunderstand something here.

When I filter out something in my opinion the rows is hided in the list.

But here the items is just marked as Private/Ignored, see the screendump.

So my question is, can I hide those rows ?

Regards

Roland Bengtsson

In the Pending Changes view you have the Options button. There you can configure what the view/list is showing you.

For example, via ignore.conf you can define all your build output to be ignored. Most of the time you would not want to see those ignored files in the pending changes list. So uncheck Show ignored objects. But to clean up your workspace from build output, you can show ignored files and delete them easily. That's what I do regulary.

Ok, that was an clarification. I still think it would be useful improvement to hide files from the Items view. After all I don't want to see a lot of temp-files, exe-files etc in that view.

/Roland

In the Pending Changes view you have the Options button. There you can configure what the view/list is showing you.

For example, via ignore.conf you can define all your build output to be ignored. Most of the time you would not want to see those ignored files in the pending changes list. So uncheck Show ignored objects. But to clean up your workspace from build output, you can show ignored files and delete them easily. That's what I do regulary.

That's the useful part Olaf!

You can't remove/hide the ignored items from the Items view, but you can do it from the Pending Changes view... That is the really important one for working. (IMHO)

• 3 months later...

Why did you guys remove the documentation on excludes in the ignore file from the plastic 4 docs? Unless I'm just missing it (which is quite possible), there's nothing in there about using the "!". It's in the old docs: http://www.plasticsc...#_Toc266201367. Do the excludes still work? (As an aside, that's probably one of my biggest annoyances (along with not having the command line help match the command processing)...having to find undocumented things on the forums instead of having them documented in the product documentation....however the number of annoyances are far outweighed by the joys! :-) )

Have you ever thought about allowing regular expressions in ignore.conf files? Some ignore patterns may be more complex than a simple filename pattern would allow. I don't use it often in Mercurial, but I have used it and it's nice to have. Would love to see that it as an option in Plastic

Hi CG, I don't know why it's out of the documentation but the "!" is supported in 4.1. Something like this should work:

!$workspace/XlinkDef2/file.txt

Can you please add the regex support into the user voice system???

Archived