complete uninstall

Hi mgarner,

once you run the uninstaller some files are not removed just in case, database files, config files and so on...

You can remove manually the PlasticSCM installation directory that contains the client and server files. Also remove the following directory "C:\Users\manu\AppData\Local\plastic4" if you are using windows and "/home/User/.plastic" if you are using Linux.

That's all.

• 3 years later...

Hi mgarner,

once you run the uninstaller some files are not removed just in case, database files, config files and so on...

You can remove manually the PlasticSCM installation directory that contains the client and server files. Also remove the following directory "C:\Users\manu\AppData\Local\plastic4" if you are using windows and "/home/User/.plastic" if you are using Linux.

That's all.

Hello, manu.

I have the same ploblem.
I want to completely remove Plastic SCM from my machine (Win7). But can't do it.

I removed the program itself. But there are still some files in "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client". And I also have a SCM extension in the explorer.
I tried to delete these files manually but I couldn't. The system says that files are opened in a program.
I tried to find related running processes in Task Manager, thinking that stopping them I'll be able to delete those files, but I couldn't find anything.

Is there any chance to remove these files and the extension in Explorer?

UPD It's seems that Explorer itself doesn't allow to delete these files. And now I don't now what to do...

Can you try restarting the "explorer" process (or a full computer restart)? Tell me if after the restart the extension is still there.

If it's not gone try the following:

1) Install Plastic again, Shell extension included.

2) Run the uninstaller -> "c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\uninstall.exe".

3) Just before clicking the uninstaller "next" button kill the explorer.exe process and continue the uninstallation with the windows explorer dead..

The explorer process should release the dll and the unintaller will be able to complete the uninstall..

Thank you for the advice, manu.

But before reading it I alredy tried next thing:

- I disabled Plastic SCM extension (through context menu in explorer)

- then I killed explorer.exe process itself

- and then I deleted Plastic SCM folder via command line

The folder was deleted and there is no extension in explorer context menu also.

I hope I did everything right.

Archived