Update failure - Plastic can't set file attributes

deanaug

Hi,

At random times during an Update, I get a nastygram saying Plastic can't update certain file(s), here's an example:

There was a problem setting file attributes on the following item c:\PlasticSCM\IASE_TDP\Demo\FY11_demo\Src\Apps\IDAT\ScxmlMsgConverter.h: Access to the path "c:\PlasticSCM\IASE_TDP\Demo\FY11_demo\Src\Apps\IDAT\ScxmlMsgConverter.h" is denied.

When this happens, I am NOT editing the file, or accessing it in any way. I can manually tweak the file attributes (i.e., turn off Read-only attribute) in Windows Explorer, so it's not like the file is totally locked out or anything. I generally fix this by deleting the offending file, then doing the Update again, which isn't bad if only a handful of files is affected, but a pain if this happens a bunch of times on a large update.

Sorry don't have any other specific clues as to what causes this condition.

BTW I am still using Plastic 3.0 (version 187.26).

Thanks as usual!!!

Dean

Hi deanaug,

every time that I see this error is because an external process somehow is locking this file or you don't have enough permissions to set the read-only attribute.

Can you try working without the read-only attribute on your files? You can select this option in the Plastic SCM preferences window. We can see if it helps...

Archived