Renaming a form crashes VS2010

wvd_vegt

Hi

I just tried to rename a form in VS2010 and ended up with quite some problems

1) What i liked is that i could not rename check-out items (nice warning and i could checkin)

2) After that VS2010 crashed (after the rename then in plasticscm the files are renamed).

3) Reopening the project leaves me with the old form with a + overlay indicating it should be added.

4) When i try to use add exitsing item (and select the new form) plasticscm nicely says it already exists and the newly added items takes the identity of the one in plasicscm, (sofar sogood), but when i click ok 3 times for each file belonging to the winform, vs2010 crashes again.

wvd_vegt

Hi

I upgraded to the latest version (4.0.239.16) and added the files after 1) deleting the old form from vs2010 and 2) selecting all 3 files belonging to the form. This time no assuming identity popups, it just worked. BUt I'm not sure what made the difference, upgrading or point 1 & 2 instead of just adding the newform.cs file alone as i did in the old plasticscm version.

Btw i forgot that the crash happened after I added another form to the project. This form (as I now see, restoring the project to work) was only created partially (there is only the *.cs and the *.Designer.cs file but no *.resx file).

wvd_vegt

Hello wvd_vegt,

I've been trying to reproduce the VS crash but for me is impossible to get it. I can rename a form without problem even at the time I'm adding a new form into the solution.

Can you try to give us more info? Are you able to reproduce the crash?

Archived