Installing client update wipes server

wvd_vegt

Hi

I just upgraded my client+server installation by installing the client update (thought this was an upgrade as opposed to the full installer which seemed to be ment for first time install). I was suprised it wiped out my server installer without any warning. Luckily the repositories & settings remained in-tack so no real harm was done. Bottom line, do not allow the client update on a client-server install.

Btw the client could do with a) an indictation of the version in the settings dialog and B) with a update check for both server/client.

Hello ,

yes, we are aware of this behavior...

This installer uses the previous installation uninstaller, so if the last installation was a full installation the uninstaller will remove both client and server.

IMHO, this is not the normal case. It's strange to upgrade on the server machine only the client installation, usually you want to upgrade both client and server....

Anyway, we'll publish this as a FAQ entry since you are not the only one surprised by this behavior. The good part here is that the uninstaller never removes database and config files :)

Archived