File rename being detected as move

AntonStruyk

I have a file that I am modifying on my branch, and 1/2 way through I decided I needed to rename it as well. So, my checkin will have both the file rename, and some changes to the content. It looks like the content changes are confusing plastic so that it is detecting it as a delete (of the old file name) and an add (of a new file).

How can I tell plastic that these are the same files? Is it possible to do this without reverting and doing the rename/modify as two seperate submits?

Ok. So I found the 'Search Matches' option on the right-click menu of the 'Add' item.. However, the file is very small, and I changed more than 50% of it. Is there some way I can manually choose the file in the 'Move Candidates' dialog? I can't move the slider low enough to get the actual original file to show up...

As the file seems to be completely different from the original one Plastic is not able to match it as a move.

I have an idea, rename the file back to the original name and later use the right click -> "Rename" (F2) option in the items view to rename it.

Archived