Current Version

CodingGorilla

What is the currently released version of plastic?

I ask because it seems like someone at Codice will say there is a new version comming out "this week", but I don't see it on the download page. And then I'll check back later next week and all of a sudden I see like 4 releases have past (even though I was checking daily for a new release). I'm wondering if somehow that download page is cached or something, and I'm not seeing the "Refreshed" version with the updates until sometime after it has been changed.

Odd question I know, but I'm curious, this has happened for quite a while now.

I always figured the jumps in version numbers was due to Plastic use of "internal" releases. They have releases they never release but are only built internally to themselves. Then after a few of those they release it to the public and hence the jumps in version numbers.

Hi, people:

Our release procedure is quite like carpediemevive points out.

We build a new release each day (day, not night), and we periodically decide to publish the most stable one that also adds value to our users.

Eventually, we release a new public release that includes an important fix for a client; then it's possible that we make 4 releases public in a single week if we need to!

Regarding CodingGorilla question, the last public release of Plastic SCM 4.1 is 4.1.10.284. Finally, about the "Refresh" issue I wouldn't know what say, appart from the previous paragraph... maybe we release new versions of Plastic SCM faster than your browser reloads a web page, ha ha! XD

Best regards!

• 2 months later...

But if I go to the downloads page, or click the release notes link from the blog post, it's still 4.1.10.333. Maybe I'm just too fast?

Hahaha Yes you are! :)

The Build Master (a.k.a IntegraThor) is out of the office so we are trying to do our best... :P

Archived