Visual Studio 2012

CodingGorilla

Does Codice currently have any plans to support VS2012? It was previously working while it was still "visual studio 11 beta," but as of the "Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate" I get "the plugin encountered an error" and the plugin doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'm an early adopter, usually, and I'll be jumping on that 2012 wagon as soon as it's available (actually I already use it for most of my work, but I understand not supporting an "RC" version) so I'm curious what your plans are for 2012, if any.

As a side note, I've recently taken a job at a new software company, and they use subversion and I cannot tell you how much I miss PlasticSCM here. This is such a great tool, I hope I'll have a chance to introduce it to my new company and maybe bring on some paying customers to Codice after enjoying the product for free for the past year or so.

Does Codice currently have any plans to support VS2012? It was previously working while it was still "visual studio 11 beta," but as of the "Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate" I get "the plugin encountered an error" and the plugin doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'm an early adopter, usually, and I'll be jumping on that 2012 wagon as soon as it's available (actually I already use it for most of my work, but I understand not supporting an "RC" version) so I'm curious what your plans are for 2012, if any.

Of course! We have to support it! We will test the new VS and we will fix it.

Can you tell me if the menus are really in capital letters? http://www.i-programmer.info/news/177-windows-8/4324-microsoft-ignores-usability-and-users-vs-2012-keeps-all-cap-menus.html

As a side note, I've recently taken a job at a new software company, and they use subversion and I cannot tell you how much I miss PlasticSCM here. This is such a great tool, I hope I'll have a chance to introduce it to my new company and maybe bring on some paying customers to Codice after enjoying the product for free for the past year or so.

Thank you for your words....

I'll will help you to remove svn from planet earth!!!! or at least from your new company :)

Right now we're going through the process to make our add-in fully compatible with VS2012. Colors and everything.

We want to be on the list of the first plugins getting released.

(And yes, we all here find the current RC extremely unstable, slow and ugly)

Colors and everything.

Nooooooooo... not the colors!!! ;)

(And yes, we all here find the current RC extremely unstable, slow and ugly)

Really? I use it almost exclusively now, and I've found it to be very stable; it's definitely ugly (but the RC is moderatly better than the beta), but I have no real problems using it.

Archived