Error switching workspace to a changeset

gregsohl

I'm getting an error when switching a workspace to a changeset. The error is:

There is no selector for this workspace. <
partial path to the workspace
>

The displayed workspace path shown in the error message is only partial. Is it truncated for the message or is it messed up internally and that's causing the error?

This error occurs at the end of the "switching" process. The files are updated to the correct path in the workspace.

I'm running release 4.1.10.290 - OSLO.

Steps:

1. Had code in a local repository on SOHL-MOBILE1.
  2. Created a new repository on SOHL-DEV1.
  3. On SOHL-MOBILE1, set up a sync profile from it to SOHL-DEV1.
  4. Pushed all pending outbound branches to SOHL-DEV1. Three branches. Maybe a dozen changesets.
  5. On SOHL-DEV1, created workspace, MyProduct, pointed it to d:\source\Myproduct\Source\MySubProduct\Source. (Yes, I know - that's a lot of folders named source)
  6. Opened the branch explorer. Right clicked on the latest changeset on a child branch (1 level from /main) and selected to switch my workspace to that changeset.
  7. The error shows up at the end.

I've removed the repository on SOHL-DEV1 and retried the entire process with the same results.

Screenshot is below. Sorry for the redacted parts.

Any ideas on how to correct this or work around it?

Greg

post-1749-0-51937100-1339302794_thumb.gif

post-1749-0-51937100-1339302794_thumb.gif

I already tried multiple workspaces. All fail in the same way. The second I tried used a different shorter directory path.

I also tried removing the repository, re-syncying and creating new workspace. Same problem occurred.

This issue magically went away after a reboot of the machine that held the server and client. My 2nd Plastic issue that has been like that. Aarrrggg.

Glad its gone, wish there was an explanation or Codice could at least share what the error message means in context of where it is produced in their code.

Greg

Archived