Open specific Plastic view from outside

JakubH

Is there a way to open a specific view in Plastic SCM from outside? Something like command line parameter for plastic.exe? What I want is to click on a button in our custom issue tracking system and Plastic SCM should open with a Changesets view active, showing me only the changesets, which belong to a specific issue. In case I use branch-per-task pattern, it will show me all changesets of that branch.

Sorry JakubH, currently there is no a way to do that.

But... (and I guess you are the first one to know it ;) ) we will soon release a new Plastic client, a Web client. So I guess it will be easier for you to link form your Issue tracking to any of the Plastic views :)

• 6 months later...

*bump* I would love to see this feature also.

We currently use a browser custom protocol for our text editor (sublime) which makes it easy to click on a stacktrace line reported from error in our ticket/bug tracking software and jump directly to the file in question.

Need to be able to do the same from our changesets also using Plastic GUI Changeset/Diff tool as we are heading down the path of wanting to link changesets/branches to bugs/features.

Cheers

TiM

Archived