Licence file for every server?

JakubH

I'm still not entirely clear how the license files work.

Let's have the following scenario:

post-1925-0-93817500-1347010267_thumb.png

As seen in the figure, we have 5 developers working on 6 computers (clients), some of them distributed way, some are connected to a central server directly. In total, there are 4 Plastic servers. On each server, we have to upload the license file. Now my question: Can it be a copy of the same file or we need a community edition license for each server?

And how is it differed, if we multiply the previous example five times? That means we would have 25 developers, 30 clients and 20 servers. I suppose we would have to buy 25 licenses. So we get 25 different license files, where each server provides access to 25 active users, OR we get only one such file and just need to copy it to all servers, don't we?

Hi JakubK! nice graph!

If the number of users that are going to use the Plastic SCM server is less than 15 use the community license for each one.

If the number of user that are going to use the Plastic SCM server is more than 15 buy a much licenses you need to support all of them.

If the number of users that are going to use the Plastic SCM server is less than 15 use the community license for each one.

So, in the given example, I need 4 community licenses, right?

If the number of user that are going to use the Plastic SCM server is more than 15 buy a much licenses you need to support all of them.

So, in the second example, the first option is correct – we would pay 25 licenses and would get 25 license files, each allowing 25 users to use each replication server (although, in the given layout, we would use only 20 of those files – for 20 servers). Am I right?

So, in the given example, I need 4 community licenses, right?

You can reuse you current license file. Download one, paste four.

So, in the second example, the first option is correct – we would pay 25 licenses and would get 25 license files, each allowing 25 users to use each replication server (although, in the given layout, we would use only 20 of those files – for 20 servers). Am I right?

Yeeep.

The 25 licenses comes inside a single license file, there are no 25 license files. Only one that you can distribute along your servers.

OK, so it was actually the second option and it is the same for community edition and payed version – one license file can be distributed along all servers (as long as the total number of users is not exceeded).

Archived