Configuring Repo Server Permissions with AD mode

diegohb

I use PSCM successfully configured with user/password mode installed on a remote server. I'm now starting to make some changes in configuration like for example using AD mode and configuring permissions.

I've installed my own local pscm repo server to test out the AD mode but when i try to affect the permissions on the "default" repo created in my local instance, nothing happens. I am trying to change the owner of this repo to my AD account but when i click ok nothing happens. I also tried using cm command: cm setowner -user=bustamd1 repserver: MYCOMPUTER:8087 and I've tried providing the domain\ before the username too but i get "No such user or group" error. I also can't add a use to the ACL for the repo server permissions.

Is this a problem because I have cm configured with two different servers (remote primary one and the test one i installed locally)?

Also, once I get this figured out, I was wondering if it's possible to use AD mode to create LOCAL Security Groups on my machine configured with a list of domain accounts to set permissions on the repo server?

Hi Diego,

I've installed my own local pscm repo server to test out the AD mode but when i try to affect the permissions on the "default" repo created in my local instance, nothing happens. I am trying to change the owner of this repo to my AD account but when i click ok nothing happens. I also tried using cm command: cm setowner -user=bustamd1 repserver: MYCOMPUTER:8087 and I've tried providing the domain\ before the username too but i get "No such user or group" error. I also can't add a use to the ACL for the repo server permissions.

Just a questions in order to discard an issue, are you able to find your AD user when you are trying to change the owner or the permissions or the dialog is empty?

Just an update.

Diego was having issues with the profiled repository. It seems that the Plastic SCM client was trying to contact with the default server instead with the profiled one. This is the cause of the issue.

Workaround -> Configure the client to work with the old "profiled" server and accomplish the security change.

We will try to reproduce the issue and fix it ASAP.

Thanks Diego for your time!

Archived