TeamCity Plugin - Run Build with Specific CS not Working

diegohb

I am using TeamCity 7.1 build 23907. Codice TeamCity Plugin SNAPSHOT-201201241016.

When I try to run a personal build specifying the changeset (cs37, previous) to run with, it deploys the current/latest changeset (cs43) instead even though TeamCity thinks/says it deployed cs37 with this build.

TeamCity VCS Root Selector for this project is configured like this:

repository "%mmg.project.name%@SERVER.DOMAIN.COM:8087"
 path "/"
branch "/%mmg.project.branch%"
checkout "/%mmg.project.branch%"

Once TeamCity runs, I go to the build agent's work directory and find the following for the selector for the project it deployed:

repository "MMG.GSK.SHIELD@SERVER.DOMAIN.COM:8087"

path "/"
branch "/main"
checkout "/main"

It seems like it's not altering the VCS Root directory to pull the right cs ... ?

We have scheduled a task regarding the Team City plugin. We need to improve it and review missing features. Please keep tuned to the forum I'll post new information as soon as the new plugin is ready.

Thanks for the update! Does this mean pscm plugin for teamcity is not able to pull a previous changeset instructed by TC?

I think that there's now way to give team city except this:

repository "%mmg.project.name%@SERVER.DOMAIN.COM:8087"
 path "/"
    smartbranch "/%mmg.project.branch%" changeset "xxx"

But this doesn't make sense since you need to, manually, modify the "xxx" value each time you want to make the build.

Will using smartbranch in my selector make a difference?

In all examples of VCS root configurations for other source control plugins, I've never seen a mention to a particular changeset so I assume that the plugin implements a way to retrieve a particular changeset and that teamcity calls this method to pull a previous changeset. Is that right?

Oh I see.. but like you said, specifying changeset param with variable XXX doesn't make since cause i'd have to specifcy that each build. I've just downloaded the latest plugin version and it just doesn't pull the earlier cset.

current pscm plugin version: SNAPSHOT-201208301644

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey! You close my uservote suggestion, but it doesn't seem to be completed. When I want to see diff of a changed file in TeamCity, I get:

Error getting file contents: The specified revision was not found

That is a bug, isn't it?

Should I open another uservote suggestion for it?

Archived