Webclient Setup problems

wvd_vegt

Hi

Just read the blog about the new webclient and I'm having some trouble installing it.

Before I forget, the mentioned link in the blog (Download the Web Deploy component from here) is wrong (there is a : in front of the http).

The error message I get is that the managedRuntimeVersion is set to v4.0 where the plasticscm webclient aplication expects 'v2.0'.

[edit]

Solved it creatihg a second website with another default managedRuntimeVersion

It now runs but to login i need to change the authentification mode (running now in 'Local users'mode). Can I change this without problems on existing repo's, and what to choose for a simple home & work arrangement where I mosty just want to sync repositories.

regards

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[edit]

Solved it creatihg a second website with another default managedRuntimeVersion

Great!

It now runs but to login i need to change the authentification mode (running now in 'Local users'mode). Can I change this without problems on existing repo's, and what to choose for a simple home & work arrangement where I mosty just want to sync repositories.

regards

It's easier if you remove the application and then you configure it right while you are reinstalling, it's quite fast, or you can also edit the Web.config file on your own, setting the Authentication mode (xml tag) as the client is using in the "client.conf" file.

Hi Manu,

I moved the application around but for a new install i had to create a new website (as i do not want to spoil my existing 4.0 site). I chose the named authetification option and am now able to login with only a username.

When I do I get an empty screen just saying 'Repositories, Choose a repository and start browsing'. I have to press F5/Refresh before the repo's show (a small 'bug').

After this I do however only see someting under Items. The rest, Changesets, Branches, Labels, Codereview and Charts are empty. Correction, under one projects I see some Labels.

Is this due to authentification problems?

And is it possible to sort repo's alphabetical by name?

But it looks very handy once i get it fully up and running.

regards

When I do I get an empty screen just saying 'Repositories, Choose a repository and start browsing'. I have to press F5/Refresh before the repo's show (a small 'bug').

Yep, this one is already reported.

After this I do however only see someting under Items. The rest, Changesets, Branches, Labels, Codereview and Charts are empty. Correction, under one projects I see some Labels.

Is this due to authentification problems?

Which backend (Plastic SCM database engine) are you using?

The changesets... branch... etc view should be working if the items view is working... Can you check the filter?

The charts view needs some time to be created. 5 - 10 min.

And is it possible to sort repo's alphabetical by name?

Nop, it's not possible right now.

It depends more in the repositories size, but 80 repositories is a good number. You can review the "storage" directory size in order to review if the web client is still fetching items.

post-112-0-63551900-1350379995_thumb.png

The Changesets and Branches page have a filter like this:

post-112-0-33390000-1350379362_thumb.png

For those, who have the same problem as wvd_vegt and me during installation, check attatched screenshot. It display, how I handle with it.

However, I have the same issue as wvd_vegt with viewing Changesets and Branches. I am using PostgreSQL and User/Password authentication mode. I have set filter for the Last year but nothing happens. (Btw. Date range is strange, it seems to me, that only the start date can be set.)

post-1925-0-45222300-1350379815_thumb.png

post-1925-0-70509400-1350379823_thumb.png

post-1925-0-92156900-1350379837_thumb.png

Hi JajubH thanks for pointing out the Application Pool settings, totally correct. We will include it in the manual.

Regarding the empty views, can you please open the "wwwroot\plastic\bin\webui.log.conf" file and set all the loggers and root logget to "DEBUG" refresh the view and post us the the content of the "webui.log.txt" file?

Hi JakubH

I believe the r/o attributes are normal.

btw you can remove the attribute from the good old command prompt with 'attrib -r storage'.

For Drupal on IIS i only had to grant IUSR access to the /sites directory of Drupal so Drupal is allowed to write there (on behalf of it's users).

regards

Hi Manu

Forgot to mention that the projects that show labels let me click changesets and browse them.

Btw could you add an 'all' option to the date filter ('last year' is not always enough for me and

'before a selected date' doesn't move to tomorrow by itself, leading to confusion).

regards

My storage folder is not empty now. It contains several folders and all contain branches.data, changesets.data and revisions.data.

I've installed HTTP redirection service, but I am not sure, if it is connected somehow.

Nevertheless, Branches and Changesets views are still empty in WebUI.

Archived