Switching Branches is Very Slow

tom.peters

Hey Guys -

I just got a new laptop, supposedly a powerhouse... I have installed Plastic 4.1.10.350 and pulled all my branches... everything seems great.

However, switching my workspace to any branch takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes. On my current desktop, it takes seconds.

Now, my new laptop is running an Intel i7 @ 2.80GHZ, 8G RAM, 64 bit Windows 7. A better system than my desktop. Plastic is using SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 as the backend (local repository).

Do you have any idea as to what I may have done wrong in this installation? I cannot understand the amount of time this is taking.

Thanks,

Tom

OK... I found something strange. When the view finally finishes updating, I try to check out an object. I get an error that Plastic cannot connect to my old repository on my old machine. I checked my selectors and my new machine is pointing to the new plastic server (local). I searched the registry, no sign of the old server...

So, it seems that my new installation on my new laptop is trying to connect to my OLD machine:8087... I did check the selectors... I cannot figure it out...

Archived