Branch Explorer - Conditional Formatting...

Welton

I am using the 'Branches with pending merges rule' under Conditional Formatting.

It seems to work most of the time, but not all of the time.  I have some cases where a child branch has been created, changesets checked in, and the branch merged back to its parent, but the color has not changed back to the default branch color.

At first I thought I saw a pattern where the color would not change back if there were multiple merges to or from the child branch, but upon further examination I have found other child branches that have had multiple merges to and from, but the color has changed back to the default.

How is this supposed to work?  Should the color change back when the latest changeset on the child branch is merged to it's parent branch (or any ancestor branch, for that matter)?  Or am I misunderstanding this feature?

• 2 weeks later...

Any insight on this topic?  As our projects get move complex, so does the branching in Plastic, and I am trying to make sure that we don't lose track of branches that need to be merged.  The 'false positives' for un-merged branches does make this process more complex.

Hi,

The format rule changes the color of the branches not integrated yet.  In a branch merged back to its parent, the color should change back to the default branch color. If you merge a branch to its parent, but keep working on it creating new changesets, the color will not change.

Once you merge the last changeset of the branch to its parent the color should change back to the default branch color.

Are you able to reproduce the issue, or any example I can test where the rule doesn´t work fine? 

Best regards,

Carlos

I cannot reproduce this issue on demand, but I do have several examples from several of our repositories.  I have attached a screen shot with an example.

Please let me know if you need any more information or access to my repositories.

post-2932-0-39619200-1367272380_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue in a testing scenario, but looking at your screenshot, it definitely seems that something went wrong. If you find a pattern or a way to reproduce the issue let me know, anyway I will prepare a more complex scenario in order to debug the issue.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived