command line diff?

hampsterx

hi there,

is it possible to export the diff result from the command line?

The find tool is great as I can see all the files in a changeset but I would like to get the diff of each changed file so I can use it  for a custom report so the developers can easily see what everyone else is working on without much effort on their part.

Our development style is very much continuous changes and more (developer) isolated that we would prefer. Sometimes I get into the habit of reviewing changesets but not often/always. I want something that is a bit more in your face of, this is what a developer worked on today (single page listing all changes in a changeset) so I can skim over it, force a code review if I think it needs one, and just generally keep on top of what the other dev's are working on with minimal effort.

I have looked into Atlassian FishEye but would rather scratch the specific itch.

At present I am considering using a diff library which will work fine but the diff's may not line up exactly as Plastic sees them.

Cheers,

TiM

Hi ,

If you try to diff a file "cm diff file.txt" a window tries to open to show you the differences. If you are using only console mode, you can use the diff command this way: "cm diff [options] version1 [version2]"

eg.

cm diff cs:1 cs:2 

You can check "cm --help" to figure out how to perform the operations using command line.

If yoy want to view the differences in a file, by default, Plastic diff tool is a graphic tool. But you are able to configure a different diff tool. In client.conf file (plastic client folder) you will be able to specify a different one. Using the GUI (Preferences tab). 

Regards,

carlos

Archived