is integration with reviewboard still supported?

abhiravk

Hi,

PlasitcSCM review system is pretty basic and most of the time it does not suit the purpose(atleast for me) .

- It doesn't work on xlink

- I wanted to submit the difference between 2 cs for review (no idea how to do it).

Because of the above shortcomings I wanted to integrate it with 'ReviewBoard' but it doesn't work.

After installing reviewboard and plastic plugin, when I select 'PlasticSCM' as repository, it just keep trying to do something (loading animation does't end) but never completes.

Is it problem with reviewboard or plastic plugin?

Regards,

Abhirav Kushwaha

Hi,

Can you enable ReviewBoard log: Administration --> System information --> LogProfiling.

I´ve tried to reproduce the issue with last ReviewBoard version, and it seems there is an issue with the "get_repositories" operation. Can you confirm if it´s the same issue?  We will try to fix it ASAP.

Regards,

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carlos,

Any update on this issue?

On the other note, I was trying the development build(1.8dev) of ReviewBoard. This issue doesn't seem to be there.

However there are other issues on the development build e.g.

When I try to create a review from the WebUI, it fails with the following error,

2013-08-01 05:56:36,013 - ERROR - None - abhiravk - /r/new/ - Internal Server Error: /r/new/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/rb-dev-env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.4.5-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 111, in get_response
    response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/rb-dev-env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Djblets-0.7.16-py2.7.egg/djblets/auth/util.py", line 47, in _checklogin
    return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/reviewboard/reviewboard/reviews/views.py", line 249, in new_review_request
    local_site=local_site)
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/reviewboard/reviewboard/reviews/forms.py", line 220, in create
    changenum, local_site)
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/reviewboard/reviewboard/reviews/managers.py", line 130, in create
    review_request.update_from_commit_id(commit_id)
  File "/home/abhiravk/workspace/reviewboard/reviewboard/reviews/models.py", line 411, in update_from_commit_id
    raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

When I try to create a review using the 'post-review' command the following error is seen,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/post-review", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('RBTools==0.5.1.dev', 'console_scripts', 'post-review')()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/RBTools-0.5.1.dev-py2.7.egg/rbtools/postreview.py", line 1332, in main
    diff, parent_diff = tool.diff(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/RBTools-0.5.1.dev-py2.7.egg/rbtools/clients/plastic.py", line 73, in diff
    return self.branch_diff(args), None
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/RBTools-0.5.1.dev-py2.7.egg/rbtools/clients/plastic.py", line 92, in branch_diff
    if not self._options.branch:
AttributeError: 'PlasticClient' object has no attribute '_options'

• 5 months later...

Hi, We have performed a few tests using Review Board 1.7 integration. Could you try using the 1.7 version? 

Please, review the next steps:

Installing review board:

su root
$ yum install python_crypto
$ yum install python-imaging

== Alternative method ==

using the development installation

== Configuration ==

1. Install and configure plastic client on the machine you install ReviewBoard.
2. Make sure that the cm is on the path
3. Go to the ReviewBoardUI, enter as admin, and go to profile -> admin -> repositories -> add new repository

tgea.jpg

Create a new one:
4. Go to the reviewboard machine. Make sure that you have installed the rbtoos.
5. Create a new review:

$ rbt post --debug --server=http://localhost:8080 --repository=PLASTIC_WEB --repository-type=plastic --summary="Adapt OAuth registration to downloads flow" 767
Review request #18 posted.

http://localhost:8080/r/18/

l35b.jpg

Then, the review is created:

mx92.jpg

• 11 months later...

HI @dsg,

I´ve performed a test and it seems that integration is still working under Review Board 2.0.  What´s the issue you are facing?  

Could you run a  command simmilar to:

rbt post --debug --server=http://localhost:8080 --repository=PLASTIC_WEB --repository-type=plastic --summary="Adapt OAuth registration to downloads flow" 767

Regards,

Carlos

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have manager to set-up ReviewBoard (2.0.13) and PlasticSCM (5.4) together.

It looks to be working (it's good :) ) but I have faced one problem (and it's bad).

Are "subrepositories" supported by ReviewBoard PlasticSCM plugin?

I have managed to successfully add standard repository to ReviewBoard but when I am trying to do the same with sub-repo (e.g. ProjectX/Tools) ReviewBoard is saying to not found such repo.

Are there any plans to add such support?

Best regards

Archived