TeamCity checkout rules returning java.lang.nullpointerexception error after update

Paul Jefferies

Capture.PNGHi

We are using the latest version of the plastic scm plugin for TeamCity SNAPSHOT-201703031558 running on version 10.0.4 (build 42538).  We have also upgraded the client on the build servers and agents to version 5.4.16.814 (Doobie Brothers - China Groove)

Since this update the checkout rules to exclude folders and repository items no longer function and seem to return the below error

Before this update these builds worked perfectly.

Is this a known/expected issue and is there a planned resolution?

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. It hasn't been reported previously. As I see on the screenshot, you're using server-side checkout, right? Could you please send us the TeamCity VCS log file, compressed in .zip or .gz format? It's located by default at ${TEAMCITY_SERVER_HOME}/logs/teamcity-vcs.log .

Thank you!

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Please find attached the VCS logs as requested.

We are using server side checkout as when I have used Agent side checkout the rules placing the files from the repositories into their specific locations does not seem to work - this breaks all of the library references to interdependent files from different repositories so this has not been a viable option.

Since the update I did try (as an experiment) to checkout on the agent and received the error message that checkout rules were not supported on agent side checkout - the system failed again.

many thanks in advance for your help on this!

PJ

teamcity-vcs.log.zip

Hi Paul,

I've had a look at the logs and it seems TeamCity is not properly solving the checkout rules when paths are remapped. We'll need some time to analyze the issue and produce a fix, though. We'll notify you as soon as the fix is published! I'm really sorry for all the inconveniences.

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Do you have any updates on this issue or possible workaround?  It is now causing serious issues with some of the projects we are now having to build and implement.  The issue has also started affecting checkout rules set up to map specific folder structures.

Your help is appreciated.

PJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived