License token file required for a local server?

Hi,

I am trying to build some automation around Plastic. As part of this, I install a Plastic server inside of a Docker container that runs on a Linux VM in Google Cloud. Then I let the machine run some commands. The first question I bump into is about licenses.

(The project is available at https://github.com/falldamagestudio/plastic-cloud-to-ucb -- and the Plastic server installation is based off of https://github.com/mig42/plastic-docker.)

I presume that I should be able to do this without license problems. I will only ever connect to the Plastic server under the user of 'root'. I will only connect locally to the Plastic server.

Still, I see the following message several times in the log:

FATAL LicenseManager - Can't read license token file: Could not find file "/opt/plasticscm5/server/plasticd.token.lic"

Can I ignore this error message for a single-user, local server?

For reference, I have run clconfigureserver as part of the setup process, and there is a license file present. If I run 'cm li' I get:

root@29ed4f4f80c0:/# cm li

Plastic SCM license information:

* User-license information:

root                      ACTIVE

---------------------------------------
Licensed to: Plastic SCM trial license
Expiration date: 03/16/2017 09:12:10
Edition: team
Total licensed users: 1
Total activated users: 1
Total available users: 0
---------------------------------------

(The server VM was created & installed roughly at the time that the 'expiration date' specifies above)

It also appears that I can perform operations like creating a repository without any problems.

I think I'm OK, but would like confirmation on this.

Ok, thanks for the info.

So after removing the symlink it keeps failing, ummmm. It's strande. I'm checking the source code and it does:

If the token file doesn't exist -> return

try

{

ReadTheTokenFile()

}

catch

{

PrintError() 

}

So it seems for some reason it's finding the token file... strange...

But just for you to know, as I said, the error will not affect your server.

Archived