InnoDB Error - combined log files too small?

Running Plastic 5 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server with 12GB of Ram running Mysql and I am getting a fair amount of these errors:

170316  8:14:29  InnoDB: ERROR: the age of the last checkpoint is 9446747,
InnoDB: which exceeds the log group capacity 9433498.
InnoDB: If you are using big BLOB or TEXT rows, you must set the
InnoDB: combined size of log files at least 10 times bigger than the
InnoDB: largest such row.

I have tuned Mysql according to your advice as well as some other posts around the web with the following:

innodb_buffer_pool_size = 4G
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 200M
innodb_log_file_size = 1G
innodb_log_buffer_size = 80M
innodb_autoextend_increment = 512M

My ib_logfile0 file is 5MB from what I can see, however I have the setting above set to 1 GB, so perhaps this is not the right file to be looking at.  Either way if 1GB is not large enough, is there a way to determine the size of the largest row so I can set my log file size to whatever it needs to be set to?

Hi,

If your "innodb_log_file_size" is set to 1GB, could you follow the following steps to rebuild the "ib_logfile*" files?

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/16510/mysql-innodb-innodb-error-the-age-of-the-last-checkpoint-is-innodb-which-exc?answertab=activesample_my.ini

I also share the config of a MySQL setup involving big databases and good performance. It should work as a template for you. The file includes some explanations of the main configured parameters:

sample_my.ini

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived