See all repo's across multiple servers

ironbelly

We have 2 servers and I have 2 profiles setup, one for each server, but when I go to my repo list I am only able to see repos on one server at a time.  I can put in the server address into the server field to see repos on the other server but not both at once.  I have to imagine there's a way to do this as there is a 'server' sort column in the all repo's window there but I can't figure out for the life of me.  Any help is appreciated.. thanks!

Hi!

Yes, it is possible in two ways:

1) If you configure your profile as "automatic" (instead of "on demand") the repos of this server will be listed.

2) You can create a file plastic.servers in your plastic config directory, with the names of the servers to contact.

I think I didn't use this second option in ... 10 years at least :P so it was like archaeology answering this :-)

Cheers,

pablo 

• 3 years later...

Is the plastic.servers still a file? If so is there a document on how to create and where to place the file? Reason being, I have a user who has Local repo's in Seattle Washington, and he wants to connect to our Server in North Carolina, I've set up an account for him in the web interface, but when he tries to log in it gives him a password error but I've verified both his username and password are correct, I gave him a client.conf that was local to my machine and that allowed him to connect to our server, but then he lost the ability to join his home repo. What should we do in this instance?