Unity Smart Merge Integration

mendozaa265

Hi,

has anybody had any luck getting unity smart merge to work? I've ran some tests to try to get a couple of simple scene changes merged properly but it doesn't seem to work. This is the error I get: Capture.PNG.5ca6b0e045560f0a12d52e919c7e7d18.PNG

my settings are defined as so in preferences->mergeTools: 

External Merge Tool: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"

this is with it looking for the pattern .unity

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? That command comes straight from the unity smart merge manual page so I'm not sure what's up.

Thanks for the help!

I think your problem is related with the "yYAMLMerge.exe" path. It's having spaces on it so try to surround the path with quotes, the final line should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"

ah ok so I'm starting to feel like this might be a unity issue then. After I fixed that line I saw things start to run then immediately got the popup that YAMLMerge.exe stopped working and it all just closes. Have you all experienced this integrating it into plastic? Is this a common error?

Thanks for the quick answer!

Archived