How to move to a new server?

mawg

I am sure that this is a very FAQ, but I must be choosing the wrong phrases for google, as I don't find the answer.

I am using the default MS SQL Embedded CE database. I want to stop using the current server and start using a new one, retaining all repositories, check-in histories, etc

I am sure that there is a user guide to tell me how, but I just can't find it

I am still trying to figure it out. I set up the new server and, of course, it has no repositories. 

Actually, I have more than a dozen repositories. Do I have to handle each separately? Also, my eyes are not good enough to read the image at yhen link I gave above - and if I D/L and enlarge it, it is too "blocky" to read

Isn't there some sort of one click solution when I log in to the new server & say, "make this an exact copy of the old server?

Hi,

If you were using MS SQL Embedded CE database, by default, the database files are stored on the server folder: rep_1, rep_2...

You can manually copy the databases to the new server folder, and using the command: "cm addrep" you can add the databases to the new server.

Regards,

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

What I did was to copy the entire directory structure from the current server.

CM lrep listed the repositories and showed me that they were all there.

I temporarily stopped the server process at the other server, just to make sure that my actions were taking place at localhost and created an empty directory for each workspace then and force updated to get latest version.

It works for me (yay!) - but is it "approved"?

I guess that cloning or moving server doesn't happen often enough to justify adding the functionality to Plastic SCM.

Hi!

Well, you don't need to copy the whole folder!!

Just the database files!

Then run the "cm addrep rep_X SERVERNAMEHERE:PORTNUMBERHERE"

Where the X is the number of the repo you're trying to add: cm addrep rep_2 localhost:8087

And it's done! :)

Archived