Cannot Retrieve license information from the Plastic SCM Server

This error started showing up this morning and no idea why.  We have a yearly license and I can't seem to get this thing to auto-renew even though I go through the steps every month.

Anyways, this month I can't seem to get the error to go away with the usual methods.. I have tried regenerating the token and running the configure server command, I have tried re-downloading the .lic file and replacing it and still seeing this error.  I am upgrading the server to the latest version now and will update this thread if that fixed the issue

Ok, the problem was caused because we updated our SSL certificate and didn't update it on the plastic server.  As soon as we recreated our PFX file everything got better.  For anyone in the future coming to this thread here's a quick way to make a PFX file from your CRT/KEY files for plastic to use: https://www.ssl.com/how-to/create-a-pfx-p12-certificate-file-using-openssl/

• 6 months later...

Hello, I am relatively new to Plastic SCM and am also receiving this error ("Cannot retrieve license information from the Plastic SCM server"). The comment by ironbelly is a little above my head, and I suspect my issue is simpler. I don't know how to troubleshoot this error effectively. I am using Plastic Cloud Edition.

Hi @danewheaton,

can you please contact us to support at codicesoftware dot com attaching the Plastic SCM server log? Typically at "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plastic.debug.log.txt".

It might just be your local server is not starting properly, with the log file we'll find out the issue.

Thank you.

Archived