encfs with fuse / encfs4win with Dokan lib

rblock

Hi,

because of certain reasons I changed from TrueCrypt to encfs and encfs4win. One important reason was that I wanted to access the files from Windows and Linux at the same time because sometimes I run Linux just in a VMware image.

Except LibreOffice on Windows (not on Linux) no program has problems with it... I thought... until I started the PlasticSCM client (Version 5.0.44.519 - Leeds). As U can see in the first screenshot I got the error message that the plastic.wktree file is not accessible.

But that's not true! As U can see in the following 2 screenshots I can rename this file without problems.

Any idea what the problem is? I didn't install the Linux Version of PlasticSCM to test it.

Sighing greetings

Reiner

post-39-0-08408000-1391029785_thumb.png

post-39-0-42920100-1391029795_thumb.png

post-39-0-63515800-1391029804_thumb.png

Hi Reiner!

I think the issue is related with the way Plastic serializes and deserializes the information to the "plastic.wktree". Maybe (I didn't tested it) after the migration of your crypt tool the deserialization is not possible.

You can fast test it creating anew workspace and running an update operation, if it works fine you can remove the old wktree, close the gui, open it again and run an update operation. This will regenerate the wktree file.

Hi Manu,

it's just the crappy encfs4win and the Dokan lib (the FUSE win port of Dokan). Today I changed all and installed the free version of boxcryptor Classic and it all works fine. With this crappy software even the Foxit Reader could not save changes on a PDF formular I made.

And because I found the solution for the PlasticSCM GUI client on my Ubuntu-Gnome x64, ur posts 18 and 19 over here, did it. :D

Now I'm just happy and can clone the working VM.

Happy greetings

Reiner

Archived