Data usage optimisation.

Marc S

On 4/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, calbzam said:

Some GUI based (or more user friendly options) to reduce the storage are on the roadmap under design at the moment. But in the near future, I'm afraid the only option is using "cm archive".

Regards,

Carlos.

Hey @calbzam, have any GUI based options for this been added recently, or planned to be released in the next couple months?

If not I will need to use the "cm archive" command, but I'm still worried about doing something wrong and screwing things up. I haven't used the CLI for anything with Plastic (since the user-friendly GUI is the primary reason for using Plastic, and its great). What I'm looking to do is archive all revisions of a specific file (on all branches) that are older than X date.

I see this section of information from the release notes, which is sort of close to what I'm looking to do:

image.png.956b15728b32291638078cd90e97f8c7.png

I've also read the info here: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Chapter10:Archivingrevisions

I see info on the "cm find" command here: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cmfind/plastic-scm-version-control-query-system-guide#cmfind

Even with reading all of this information, I don't feel I have enough knowledge to safely try to create my own specific command.

If I can provide all of the needed info (file path for what I want to archive, file path for external data storage, the date that I want to archive all versions older than, etc), would you or someone from Plastic be able to help me create the command?

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1