Sync replication error

JamesThorpe

I keep a copy of our repository on my laptop, and occasionally synchronise it with our main server.  This morning I got an error during synchronisation due to the database file size limit being reached - I hadn't realised I'd left it on the built in SQL CE.  I've migrated it to SQL, and gone to re-run the synchronise to pull the branches in (there were no pushes) and all has now worked, apart from one branch which is throwing the following error:

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_object'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.object'.  The duplicate key value is (495292).

Any ideas on what may have caused this and, more importantly, how to solve it so I can proceed?

Thanks,

James.

Hi James,

Do you have In your laptop any changes that are not in the main server?

If not, just remove the repository, create a new one and then sync again.

There are a some different ways of "getting the changes back".

The first one is going back to SQL CE backend and then fast export and fast-import the SQL CE repository into a new backend repository.

Here is a link on how to work with fast-export / fast-import: https://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-fast-import-fast-export.aspx

Hope it helps :)

No, there's nothing currently on my laptop that would stop me from starting again - would just like to know what might have happened really so it doesn't happen again at a more critical time!

I'm not sure I could go back to a sql ce backend again - 160 other branches pulled successfully, so the db files are almost certainly too big to go back again now.

There are a few methods available to get data back.

You can always go back. :)

In the administration tool, you can pick the SQL Server CE again and this will work just fine.

Plastic does not lose any files and the SQL CE database files are still in the server folder.

The reason I had to go to the SQL backend was because the CE database files had hit the 4gb file limit - once transferred to SQL, I pulled some branches in - so are probably too big to go back to SQL CE again now.  As you say - starting again is probably the easier solution!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the reply.  We're on 5.0.44.528.  I started a new repo and tried replicating again, but I'm now hitting the same issue on a different branch.  Also my colleague who also synchronises locally has just hit the same problem today.  Was it fixed in a more recent version than this?  Will gladly update and give it a go.

Cheers,

James.

Archived