Starting the server on Mac OS-X

sbeaver

If I restart the iMac on which the server is running, the server does not restart, and I have been unable to find a way to restart it manually other than running the installer again.

Should it start automatically? How can I start the server manually?

Thanks, and sorry for the flood of newbie questions.

Hi,

You do not need to start the server as root, in fact is not such a good practice (you know, potential security issues and so on).

I think it should restart automatically, let me check with the Mac experts tomorrow and come back to you :)

We've an online "thinkbox" meeting tomorrow, maybe you can join, we'll be covering interesting topics :P

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/897196395

pablo

Hi sbeaver!

Can you please, as root, change the filesystem permissions of

the following files as you can see in the screenshot.

Both files are under:

/Library/StartupItems/PlasticSCM/

One more thing, as root too, please remove these lines

from the StartupParameters.plist file.

<key>Uses</key>
<array>
	<string>Firebird</string>
</array>

Then, the server will start automatically after a machine restart.

Regards,

Manuel

post-120-131480815923_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I did an install of the plastic client + tools on my mac (has plastic scm server running on windows image).

So I figured I'd try the truly distributed scenario with running a plastic server on my mac as well.

Installed using the mac os x zip....

Encountered a few problems;

1) Running the server configuration wizard failed due to missing access rights in the server folder (did chmod 777 on the server directory... )

2) Still failed, complained about missing remoting.conf, luckily I had one at hand from my windows setup

3) Config wizard completed.

4) Ran user manager gui, added a couple of users.

Next logical step seemed to be: start the server

5. /Applications/PlasticSCM/server/plasticd start

2011-04-17 13:32:16,694 -1608846016 (null) (null) (null) ERROR Daemon - Server config file /Applications/PlasticSCM/server/server.conf not found. Plastic Server is not correctly configured. Execute "clconfigureserver" to configure server on text mode, or "configureserver" to launch the gui server configuration wizard.

tried running with sudo... same result.

Help !?

cheers

Magnus

Hi, magnus:

The problem you've reported on step 2) is already fixed.

We'll study the other scenario you've reported, which implies a client-only installation and then a server+client upgrade. The problem is that the system detects that it is an upgrade and the "configure server" option at the end of the installation process is not selected by default.

Best,

Luis

Archived