Integration with macOS client?

jwvanderbeck

5 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

You need to do it via configuration file. Please cehck the steps from the following link:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/extensions/plastic-scm-version-control-task-and-issue-tracking-guide#JIRA-Configuration

Regards,

Carlos.

Those instructions indicate to make a file in a location containing the server name, but my Jira server is the cloud Jira and I can't put a web address into a directory name. 

Ok somehow in this process I completely broke something, and the only error that pops up in the GUI is a blank box with the words PlasticSCM.  Not very helpful :)

I THINK I finally fixed it, at least the error went away.  The problem is referencing the DLL in the client.conf file.  The instructions aren't very good here as they seem geared towards Linux where Mac is different.  Best I can tell from browsing around, the jirextension.dll is located in /Applications/PlasticSCM.app/Contents/MonoBundle/extensions/jira/jiraextension.dll

After setting that the error went away so I think its working.  However in the branch explorer I don't see any way to view jira issue properties like I do on Windows.

EDIT: Ok it is working because I can when I go to create a new branch it does show the issues list from Jira as expected.  So I guess I just don't know how to view the Jira properties from the Branch Explorer like in Windows.

Overall those docs could really be improved for the Mac side, as it isn't really the same as Linux. And the GUI is completely different from Windows so some docs there on how to find the same features would be nice.