Error using fast-import for cloud repo

Joe Bain

I'm trying to use `cm fast-import` to import a git repo to my plastic cloud repository. I'm getting an error message though:

The server 'mycompanyname@cloud' requires encryption, but your server is not configured with the encryption key. To configure your local server make sure you become the admin of the server (owner), try again and you will be asked to enter encryption key.

Since I am using the cloud service I don't have a local server that I can configure. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Hi Joe,

- If you installed Plastic cloud edition, it also transparently installs a local Plastic server to host your local repos. You could try to import the fast-export package to a local repo (instead of cloud) and then push the local Plastic repo to the cloud.

- Anyway, the encryption can be configured in both the client and server side. If you create a new Plastic workspace from this client pointing to a cloud repo and run an update operation, you should be requested to enter the encryption key for your client. Once the key is stored, you shouldn't need to enter it again for future client-side operations.

Regards

Carlos.

If you are going to use a Plastic cloud organization, please install Plastic Cloud edition. This way, you can use local repos with no extra license.

I tried running Update Workspace but I wasn't prompted for the encryption key. The repo is empty at the moment though.

If the repo still doesn't have any content, you should be requested to enter the encryption key the when you perform the initial checkin.

Regards,

Carlos.