Did a GitSync on a new workspace but nothing showed up

jwvanderbeck

I created a new workspace on my Plastic Cloud.  I then did a sync with Git from a GitHub project, public repo.  Plastic worked for about 5 minutes and showed progress, then completed successfully.  However absolutely nothing showed up in my workspace.  I tried refreshing the branch explorer; nothing.  I restarted plastic GUI; nothing.  I then looked at the workspace on disk and it is empty (except for the ,plastic directory).  

So I tried to do the Gitsync again and Plastic said there is nothing more to sync.  So it seems to think it has synced, but I have nothing!

Not really sure what to do from here.  Basically I am trying to clone a Github repo as a Plastic workspace so that I can then xlink to it for use in another Plastic workspace (The Github project is a library).

The Github repo I am trying to sync from is mine, and public, but it is a fork from another user.  I wonder if that might be causing problems?

plastic.debug.log.txt

Hi,

If you drive to the branch explorer, could you edit the date range? There maybe be old branches that are being filtered by the default date filter.

You can also take a look into the changesets/branches views.

If you drive to the "Workspace explorer" and click "Update workspace",  isn't it nothing to update in the "/main" branch?

Regards,

Carlos.

Ahh good call! I didn't even think about that, since I was doing it "today" and the fact that there were no files on disk.  After changing the data back I found the data in branch explorer and just had to switch to the latest changeset.  Apparently after the git sync it stays on the original changeset.

All good now thanks!

• 2 weeks later...