Frequent unexpected error with seemingly no effect

JulianLudwig

Hey all!

After a long time we had to work with git we could finally get back to Plastic!

Our team upgraded plastic and is working on anproject wich already exists 10 month . Unlucky we all get an annoying unexpected error wich seems to have no effect at all and occurs on different places.

A reproducable way to get the error is by spamming the refresh button in the branch explorer in the top left. (After ~5 klicks the error pops up )

Our artists, who are working with gluon are not getting this error.

Does anybody know where this comes from or can help me with this?

We are using Plastic Version 9.0.16.4437 on Windows.

Cheers,

Julian

image.png

This is now also blocking functionality: On one of our machines, Gluon refuses to work (the popup "An unexpected error has occurred." shows and nothing updates in the workspace, for example. And the error also seems to prevent me from creating new repositories or connecting to a new repo via the client configuration wizard.

Echoing this problem. Same version and OS. This started happening since updating to this version. I do not know what the previous version was. 

This happens roughly 80% of the time when performing the following actions:

• Refreshing the branch explorer
  • Syncing
  • Checking in
  • Switching changesets/branches

Fortunately I have not been hamstrung by this like @Xarbrough. There are instances when the performed action will not take place when this modal appears, but I'm able to fix it by performing the action again. A reinstall did not work for me. However, the frequency of the modals increased after the reinstall.

I'm trying to find useful information in the logs, but so far I only found:

ERROR PlasticThread - Error when performing background operation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ERROR ExceptionHandler - [Application_ThreadException] Unexpected error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Also see the attached full log of the few seconds when the error showed.

plastic-log.txt

• Like 1

Hi,

Could you attach the following files?

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\cloudregions.conf

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\tokens.conf

C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\cloudregionrs.conf

I'm guesing if removing them so they are recreated (after restarting the Plastic GUI and the Plastic local server Windows service), if the issue is still present.

I'm afraid I was not able to reproduce the using the last Plastic version for Windows and my cloud organization repos.

Regards,

Carlos.

@calbzam Thank you for your reply.

I was not able to locate C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\cloudregionrs.conf

I'm guesing if removing them so they are recreated (after restarting the Plastic GUI and the Plastic local server Windows service), if the issue is still present.

Are you suggesting we take this action now or wait until you've had a chance to look over the attached files?

cloudregions.conf tokens.conf

If you are a paying customer, you can open a ticket at support@codicesoftware.com to get faster response and better monitor the issue.

Are this pop up errores preventing you to work? Not sure if you could temporary dowgrande to a previous version. You mentioned it started to happen with the last one, right?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,

We have released the following task:

[Bug ] 9.0.16.4482:

All platforms - Plastic, Gluon: We fixed an unexpected error while detecting refreshing views in Cloud Editon.

Some customers reported an "unexpected error" when refreshing certain views. We were able to reproduce it in one computer refreshing the Branch Explorer.

It was a concurrency problem in setting a local member in a class. That code is now protected, an the problem gone!

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1