issues identifying second HEAD in Plastic repo

Nick Antonelli

I am attempting to sync an on-prem PlasticSCM server with a Plastic Cloud account using the sync view functionality. One of the repos gives me the following error message when I attempt the sync:

An error occurred during the replication: The source branch has two heads. Merge from cs:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx to br:/main to unify the heads.

I know from some research (here in these forums and Stack Overflow) that this is an issue where there are two HEADs in the repo, and that I need to merge one into the other in order for this to get fixed, but I am unsure how to identify the offending changeset.

Playing around with the Linux app, I believe that the `cs:xxxxxxx-...` is the GUID of the changeset I care about, but I am unsure if this is the case. Am I correct in that assumption? A second question, which is not terribly important (mostly curious), is what `cm` command(s) would be able to help me identify the second HEAD?

Hi,

Playing around with the Linux app, I believe that the `cs:xxxxxxx-...` is the GUID of the changeset I care about, but I am unsure if this is the case. Am I correct in that assumption? A second question, which is not terribly important (mostly curious), is what `cm` command(s) would be able to help me identify the second HEAD?

Yes, this is the changeset guid and the message shows the specific changesets (heads) you need to merge.

If you switch your workspace to the last changeset of "/main", this is one head. Then you need to run the merge from cs:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx to br:/main to unify the heads.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 1 year later...

@calbzam I have the same problem. While attempting to push I get the following error:

An error occurred during the replication: The source branch has two heads. Merge from cs:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx to br:/main to unify the heads.

and an attempt to merge that changeset to main doesn't detect any changes:

<workspace-name> cm switch main                                  
Performing switch operation...
Searching for changed items in the workspace...
Setting the new selector...
Plastic is updating your workspace. Wait a moment, please...
The workspace /Path/to/workspace is up-to-date (cset:125@repo@bar@cloud)

➜  <workspace-name> cm merge cs:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx
No merges detected
➜  <workspace-name> 

Note that cs:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx in my case is the head of /main.

I've read all the other messages on the forums related to this issue and they all say to merge the branches. But as seen above, that doesn't do anything. How can I fix this?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...