GitSync error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed

illya

Hi,

We have the repository that is hosted in PlasticSCM Cloud. It is small repo without huge files. I need to sync it with new GitHub repository.

I open Repositories, click "View branches" on the repository Repo@Company@cloud, and then run "GitSync..." at the main branch (result doesn't depend on the particular branch). The PlasticSCM client executes all steps and at final step shows the following message: "Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed".

plastic.debug.log.%date%.txt includes the following lines:

Error message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
2020-12-08 hh:mm:ss,fff DEBUG plastic - 
StackTrace:    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
   at LibGit2Sharp.Pkt.parselen(BinaryReader reader)
   at LibGit2Sharp.Pkt.Demux(BinaryReader reader)
   at LibGit2Sharp.Remote.Upload(PackBuilder pb, IEnumerable`1 updates)
   at Codice.Foreign.GitPusher.Upload()
   at ki.a(List`1 A_0)
   at og.a(adk A_0, Boolean A_1, String A_2)
   at og.a(lq A_0, RepositoryInfo A_1)
   at og.i()

Client is Windows 10 Pro, PlasticSCM version 9.0.16.4725.

I'm not sure that it is related, but I am not able to sync this repo to my local PlacticSCM server. Client shows the following error: "Error: There has been an unexpected error "Connection refused [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:8084". For the more information check the server log". The firewall doesn't has any rules for PlasticSCM, but other repositories could be synced to local server.

Sincerely,

Illya

Error-forum.png

Hi,

Could you attach the full client log? I guess it's not a temporary network issue so if you retry the operation the error persists, right?

Could you check in the Windows services panel if the "Plastic SCM server" is running? The Plastic client seems to be trying to reach it even when you report that you are syncing a cloud repo (not a local one).

Regards,

Carlos.