filetypes.conf for cloud?

Xarbrough

For my team, when working with Unity, it's important to configure the filetypes.conf file so that Plastic shows a number of files as text, instead of detecting it as binary incorrectly. For example, Unity scene files, prefabs, meta files and asset files. Probably all Unity files should be detected as text since we have Unity serialization set to "force serialize text", which produces readable YAML.

What is the best way to configure this for all users on the cloud edition?

The docs tell me that it's possible to use the plastic-global-config repository to share the settings between multiple users, but does this work for cloud? If not, I'd love a way for these settings to be configurable either via such a global repository or directly in the cloud website dashboard/backend.

An important factor I would want to consider: if I need to change the config at any point, can I do so in a way that is automatically applied to all other users? I think it's not enough to just start from the right settings when cloning a repo for the first time, but I'd want to synchronize settings at a later point in time as well.

Or, what are other solutions to these types of problems? My company is still small, but I wonder how larger companies set these things up. Do people write custom install scripts that overwrite local settings files or things like that?

Thanks!

The docs tell me that it's possible to use the plastic-global-config repository to share the settings between multiple users, but does this work for cloud? If not, I'd love a way for these settings to be configurable either via such a global repository or directly in the cloud website dashboard/backend.

Plastic global config is compatible with the cloud and I think it's the easiest way to share this configuration with all the team members.

As soon as user opens the Plastic client, it will try to download the global config.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Like 1