Included in trial period withour warning

Nefisto

Last month I participated in a game jam with other 3 people (first time using plastic with other people and the experience was awesome), I added them to my company, created a group, and set configurations to view the current project only, and all just work, life is good \o/

Yesterday I received an email about my trial period coming to an end, but I don't remember to change from my free edition. After some research I saw that the free edition can have up to three, so I think that what had happened is that when I added people last month plastic automatically changed my subscription to trial, but I don't remember receiving some warning about changing my plan or something like that.

Now the questions.

1/ Is this right, it's supposed to change my plan automatically or I misunderstood something? Because now plastic is charging me a value for a user per month, but if I knew that I had to pay for that extra user I would insert only 2 of them

2/ If I'll participate in another short project (like a game jam) I need to remove people from older project to add new ones, I mean, they probably will not touch the project again, but maybe at some moment, they wanna saw the code or something like that, what am I trying to say is, do I have some way to let they see or download the files from this project without count they as participants of my company?

3/ I've made the mistake of cancel the subscription, but now I've lost access to all my projects, and now to recovery I need to pay the value, what I don't think its fair, do I have other option?

Hello,

There is only one edition for Cloud Edition. When you start using it, the initial 30-day period is consider as the trial period. You can cancel at any moment during that period, whatever the number of users or cloud storage you use, at no cost. If you continue using it after that period, we caculate the previos 30-day period consumption. If you exceed the free tier limits (3 users or 5 GB of cloud storage during that period), we charge for the extra usage. If a user doesn't access the Cloud for one month, you are not billed for that user. If you don't exceed that limits, this period is free. We don't check the usage in the last day of the period, but the maximum usage during that 30 days, or the maximum number of active users in that period.

If you want us to check you subscription details, please write to sales@codicesoftware.com. 

Regards,

Angel

As described before, Cloud Edition works in an elastic mode. Based on the consumption done in the last 30 days, you can be on the Free Cloud or in the Pay Cloud. But it can change every month (from free to pay or viceversa). If you are always under 5 GB and with up to three active users, you don't need to enter your payment details (as you are always in the Free Cloud). If the last period you had 4 active users, and the next one you only have 3, (and you don’t exceed the storage limit), you won’t be charged. Makes sense?

As said before, if you want us to check why you have been charged this period, write to sales@codicesoftware.com with your account email and we will look into the details.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Angel Mañas said:

Cloud Edition works in an elastic mode.

I understood, this is a great way, maybe I only wanna have some kind of warning to actions that will make my account goes from free to paid, but its ok

2 hours ago, Angel Mañas said:

If the last period you had 4 active users,

A question about this, using the case that I described in first post, if someone from my team download the last version of project in next year for example, him will count as an active user in current month?

Thanks for help

A question about this, using the case that I described in first post, if someone from my team download the last version of project in next year for example, him will count as an active user in current month?

Yes, an user downloading data from a repo (if this data is over a few MB) will be considered an active user this month.

Regards,

Carlos.