Auto-refresh incoming changes shouldn't erase my choices

JEP

The Incoming Changes view auto-refreshes very frequently, erasing any choice for "Select merge contributor". This is incredibly frustrating. Is there any way to change this? If not, please make it where you can either turn off the auto-refresh for it, or even better where the auto-refresh doesn't erase your changes for an object that was already there before and after the refresh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you are "Select merge contributor" it seems you are processing a merge and resolving the conflicts, right? (not just updating your workspace via the "Incoming Changes" view).

When you resolve a conflict (eg: a directory conflict), Plastic may need to recalculate all the merge conflicts (because they depend on your previous conflict resolution).

I'm guessing if this the scenario you are facing.

Could you record a small video? We would appreciate it.

Regards,

Carlos.

I don't really have time to record and upload/email a video. I'm just right-clicking on a file under "File changes in conflict" in a merge:

image.png.e9c7c867ab8041081704a1da809944a9.png

That's the menu I mean. I select on those options, but then it refreshes after a little and resets it.

Hi,

I can reproduce the issue when the "Incoming Changes" view involves a file conflict. 

As a worakround, if you click on "Options" --> "Select merge contributor", this value is preserved even if the view is refreshed (but I understand that you may need a different merge resolution method for every file conflict).

Regards,

Carlos.