"Item {file path} does not exist in workspace" errors after Every. Single. Change. In. Editor.

Sentient Play

Frequently when working in Unity with the plastic plugin (especially working in prefabs) I will get errors about items that don't exist. The items are sometimes other prefabs that have been renamed/moved/deleted that had referenced/included the gameobjects that I'm editing. Sometimes it's the prefab that I'm inside of.

• Sentient Play changed the title to "Item {file path} does not exist in workspace" errors after Every. Single. Change. In. Editor.

Hi,

Do you get those errors when trying to checkin? I'm guessing if it could be that we are not finding the changes after the rename and that's why it fails. 

If you run the check-in in steps, does it work? (first the changed, then the moved, and so on).

Best,

Héber.

• 5 months later...

Hi

I have similar problem. I did try to check-in things in steps like suggested. It has no effect. Even when I don't select the files in question Plastic Complains.

Three images show the sequence:

1. I do not mark the files in question for check-in
  2. I click check-in, and get the attached error
  3. The missing files are now ticked off in the check-in window.

41221835_plastic1.png.168abd3b67e141f24ca3150f1ee53f4a.png

2129130051_plastic2.png.f7d98b667b3ef10c13ddbd188784f809.png

1361744900_plastic3.png.fd2ad487467fa7c673c56ba4f983eaf6.png

After looking at this more, the added ticks for non existing files only happens when I try to check in a change to the same files it can't find from their new folder.

Is there a way to make plastic forget about the old names of these folders?

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to support. When we used the seperate Plastic SCM client and pointed it to the unity project folder it worked perfectly. We were able to check in all the files, also the ones that were giving me problems when I tried to check them in from the Plastic SCM interface inside of unity. From now I'll do all my checkins from the seperate client.

• Like 1