Community Edition License

murali1416

Hi,

The Community License on the Buy page say its Perpetual free for use for up to 15 users.

But when I went to download the license, it say it is valid for 1 year (And renew it 2 months before expiry).

So, do I have to renew it every year?

Will there be any license cost after one year?

Regards

Murali

Hi!

There's no cost after one year, the only thing is that we decided to "force" a renewal so you guys come back to the site, talk to us, share with our your experiences... that's all.

I don't know if it is a great idea or not but the part of the team more involved in marketing and customer relationships thought it was a good idea... :)

pablo

• 1 year later...

What happens when the license expires? Does it render the product unusable? Can I at least still get my source out - i.e. run a fast-export?

My concern, as already the owner of one orphaned product that I have to keep a VM going for to run, is that in the case of a loss of your company, a renewal to the license would not be available. (I know, no one likes to talk about "the end", but even good things sometimes come to that).

Let me rephrase. What happens if Codice goes out of business and I can't renew my license?

Let me rephrase. What happens if Codice goes out of business and I can't renew my license?

don_t_panic_button1.jpg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure something can be done in that case (not as megaupload!! Give me back my premium account!!!!)

I would like to know what Codice's plan is for such an eventuality. That would even be the case for the paid subscription based license which has an annual renewal. I cannot be in a situation where my history is stuck in an inaccessible system.

Archived