How do I delete an item "not on disk"

jakeslack27

Hi,

I'm just starting out with Plastic SCM working with Unity.  I'm having a problem deleting an item in my workspace that is not on disk.  The context menu does not allow me to delete (grayed out) so I'm confused how I can get rid of these erronenous items taking up my workspace?  I can 'Undo Checkout' some of the items, which then allows me to delete, but some I do not have the option.  Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jake

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you are explaining :S

* When you delete a file from unity (right click -> delete using the Unity IDE) the delete operation is listed inside the versioning tab. The versioning tab allows you to submit or revert the delete operation, If you revert the delete operation the files is then recovered.

* The Version control popup is not having a "Delete" operation.

* Now sure how can I get the Unity Delete operation grayed out :(

Can you please tell me if the file is controlled by plastic? To do that please use the regular GUI of Plastic SCM, you can also revert all the changes from the "Pending changes view" of plastic SCM.

Ok, you mean this status?

post-112-0-26855400-1416566973_thumb.png

Than you need to open the Pending changes view and check-in the delete operation. After the check-in the item will disappear from your items view.

post-112-0-37943900-1416567031_thumb.png

If you can see the item inside your pending changes view make sure the following preference is selected.

post-112-0-71038600-1416567076_thumb.png

Archived