Suggestion - Pending changes

Misieq

Hi

First of all - Happy New Year, best wishes for whole PlasticSCM team.

Second - I have some small suggestion for "Pending changes view".

It looks that "Undo changes" option (on top of screen) works only for modified/deleted files. For newly added file PlasticSCM client is only reporting "No files selected".

Additionally when tree view is activated and folder name is right clicked there is no option "Delete" in context menu (it appears only if: a) file is right clicked, second list view is activated and all object are selected).

My proposal is to either to merge Undo/Delete operations or add also "Delete" option when right click on root "Added" entry and/or directories entries.

Best regards

PM

PS. I have ordered some time ago T-Shirt which was granted for finishing Evaluation Guide. I did not receive any - was it sent?

Hi Misieq!

Thanks, happy new year for you too! :)

Well, yes, the pending changes undo button works for controlled changes, basically checkouts (moved/removed too). I'll share this with the team.

I can't reproduce the issue with the Delete operation, are you talking about the Items view?

Let me check where you t-shirt can be.

Hi

I have added four files in Workspace of Demo repository.

1.txt (in folder art.), 2.txt (in folder code-renamed), 3.txt (in folder common) and 4.txt in root folder.

Below you can find few screenshots of "Pending Changes" view.

On 1.png you can find general view in "tree-mode".

2.png - error message after choosing "Undo changes"

3.png - result of right-click on "Added items..." element

4.png - result of right-click on "art" folder - please note that art folder

5.png - result of right-click on "4.txt" file (I supose it will look the same if e.g. I expand art and click on 1.txt) - please note that in context menu there are both options shown (and active) - Undo and Delete. After choosing undo result will be the same as on 2.png. Choosing Delete will delete 4.txt (but no other).

Of course I can easily switch to "list-view" mode select all files and choose "Delete".

But in such case it looks that checkboxes are complately not needed (because they do not matter - selection matters).

This all is a little bit confusing and not really clear. Of course it is just a suggestion to make it more user-friendly :)

In case of question do not hesitate to ask.

post-28344-0-78438900-1420664291_thumb.png

post-28344-0-40654600-1420664293_thumb.png

post-28344-0-82830000-1420664294_thumb.png

post-28344-0-48848200-1420664296_thumb.png

post-28344-0-56474300-1420664297_thumb.png

Archived