Issue: trigger after-replicationwrite does not work

Hi,

I tried to make an automatic sync between my central PlasticSCM server and a BitBucket git repo.

To do so, I tried to add a trigger on after-replicationwrite. Which seems the most appripriate trigger.

But, whatever the script I add, there is an error:

The sync process was unable to replicate the following branch:

Branch: /main/trunk/fred/ld
Operation: Push
Source repository: com.fredericvauchelles.rwcc@localhost:8087
Destination repository: com.fredericvauchelles.rwcc@mycentralserver:8087

Error description: 
Key duplication when adding: PLASTIC_BRANCH

I used this command to add the trigger:

cm mktr after-replicationwrite "GitSync" /opt/plasticscm5/triggers/after-replicationwrite-1.sh

Where the triggers folder is owned by plasticscm and has permission 755.

Does anybody has an idea about this ?

Hi,

You use a "after-replicationwrite" trigger to perform a replica to a git repo after performing a replica between two Plastic servers, is it right?  

Could you post the trigger content to check if something is wrong?

Yo are getting replica error when creating the trigger, but if you disable it, the replica is properly working?

Regards,

Carlos.

Ok, I understand your scenario now. The "after-replicationwrite" was designed for replica operations between Plastic repositories, but it seems that it´s not optimized for GitSync operations. Anyway, I will perform a test to check that the issue is easily reproducible.

Regards,

Carlos

Well, I think there is a misunderstanding and I will try to correct it with a detailed scenario:

Intended behaviour:

Local plastic server => (sync) => central plastic server => (after-replicationwrite trigger) => run script => gitsync between central plastic server and bitbucket

On central plastic server after-replicationwrite (so, between two plastic servers), use the trigger to run a script that is intended to sync the central server with a git repo)

Current behaviour:

Local plastic server => (sync) => central plastic server (#failing, an error is shown due to an after-replicationwrite trigger error).

So, I get an error before I run a command to gitsync.

Regards,

Fred

Hi,

Ok, thanks for clarifying :)

I´ve tested a sample "after-replicationwrite" trigger and it seems to properly work.

Is your trigger path a server path, right? Not client side.

PD: I will perform the same sample on Linux using your same trigger to check if there´s something wrong.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived