linux GTK GUI & eclipse integration

naris

I have upgraded Plastic to 5.4.16.639 (with a shiny new Enterprise license) on an Ubuntu 14.10 system using "apt-get install plasticscm-client plasticscm-server" after adding the the 5.0 & 5.4 ubuntu repositories and it works really well.

I also installed the plasticscm-client-gtk, but have been unable to start the native GTK GUI :(

The plastic command works, but that is clearly the old mono client.

There is also a gtkplastic executable in the /opt/plasticscm5/cleint directory, but executing that displays this error in the console:

WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v1.1.4322

** (/opt/plasticscm5/client/gtkplastic.exe:8992): WARNING **: The class System.Collections.Generic.List`1 could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Is there something else that I need to do to use the linux native client?

Also, is there any way to install/upgrade the eclipse plugins in linux?

I currently have the old eclipse plugin that was installed back when the linux client was available to be downloaded as an installer that would display a dialog box similar to the windows installer that allowed eclipse to be selected & prompt for the location of eclipse and install the plasticscm plugin. Ever since the linux version moved to repositories this no longer seems possible. Also, the client zip installer does not contain the eclipse plugin.

Hi!

first here you have the elcipse plugin si you can replace the ones inside the eclipse installation: http://www.plasticscm.com/externalcontent/eclipsePlugin639.zip

And regarding the gtkplastic issue, reeeeally weird, please post me the contents of the following files:

/opt/plasticscm5/client/gtkplastic`

/opt/plasticscm5/client/mono_setup` 

And the result of the following command:

/opt/plasticscm5/mono/bin/mono -V

Can you also tell me if the /opt/plasticscm4 exists?

Today, Ubuntu decided to update a bunch of plasticscm5 mono packages and gtkplastic works now :)

I tried updating yesterday before posting but it said there were no updates at that time :/

I downloaded the eclipse plugin zip file and extracted it into eclipse's plugin directory. I then removed the old versions of what appear to be duplicate jar files (com.codicesoftware.plastic_4.0.44608v20140926.jar & com.codicesoftware.eclipse.extendedcapabilities_4.0.44608v20140926.jar). The plastic functionality works well in eclipse, so I assume I properly upgraded the plugin.

However, there is 1 odd "feature" of the eclipse plugin that it started doing quite some time ago. When I start eclipse or open a project, all of the Plastic decorators get turned off. I then have to go into Window|Preferences|Appearance|Label Decorations and turn on the Plastic SCM Decorators. If I close eclipse and reopen it, the Plastic SCM Decorators get turned off again and I have to go turn them back on again.

Thanks for your assistance.

Today, Ubuntu decided to update a bunch of plasticscm5 mono packages and gtkplastic works now :)

I tried updating yesterday before posting but it said there were no updates at that time :/

Great, let us know if it happens again, we tried it also and worked just fine.

I downloaded the eclipse plugin zip file and extracted it into eclipse's plugin directory. I then removed the old versions of what appear to be duplicate jar files (com.codicesoftware.plastic_4.0.44608v20140926.jar & com.codicesoftware.eclipse.extendedcapabilities_4.0.44608v20140926.jar). The plastic functionality works well in eclipse, so I assume I properly upgraded the plugin.

Yep, upgrading the elcipse plugins is basically replacing the old ones with the new ones.

However, there is 1 odd "feature" of the eclipse plugin that it started doing quite some time ago. When I start eclipse or open a project, all of the Plastic decorators get turned off. I then have to go into Window|Preferences|Appearance|Label Decorations and turn on the Plastic SCM Decorators. If I close eclipse and reopen it, the Plastic SCM Decorators get turned off again and I have to go turn them back on again.

This is a weird "Eclipse" feature, sometimes the decorators are just disabled and you need to enable them back. Our elcipse plugin source code is set to avoid that but Eclipse, for some installations, seems to be ignoring it....

Archived