3rd party diff configuration HOW?

u2468

Regardless of how I set up a configuration for a third party diff tool,  Plastic always uses its built in one.

In the Branch explorer, I want to right click on a change set,  select Diff Change Set and have it launch an external tool.

How do I do this?

Hello!

That diff operation is the embedded one, can't be changed. You are diffing Plastic SCM changesets, there's no external tools for that.

What you can change is the diff tool used for diffing files (revisions): https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide.shtml#TheDifftoolsTab

Setup your external tool as the first one to be used and the Plastic SCM client will launch that one.

Same applies to the Merge operation and merge tools.

Hello!

That diff operation is the embedded one, can't be changed. You are diffing Plastic SCM changesets, there's no external tools for that.

I can't begin to tell you how bad that is.  No tool is an island unto itself.   You need to change that.  That is basic functionality

Setup your external tool as the first one to be used and the Plastic SCM client will launch that one.

That is also bad.  You need to populate the right click menu so users can choose which diff tool they want to use.  The way it is now, you are doing nothing short of asking the user to "re-configure" the tool everytime.

Hello u2468,

Well, the top rated idea was posted onApril 03, 2009. So either your developers ignore that page or they don't remove the ideas after implementation. Which is it?

I'm not sure why are you saying that.

Look there's a total of 230 ideas added.

145 have been accomplished by the development team.

7 are currently under development

5 planned for incoming sprints.

47 declined.

And finally 26 that are not processed yet.

So the 68% of the ideas submitted by users (paying customers or not) are already done or almost there. I think it's not a bad ratio.

The top rated idea you mentioned is the development of a public API which is something that must be done carefully and with a lot of time, is something we would love to have and we are working on it but please also understand that out internal roadmap consists in also developing new features that you won't find at any other SCM out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say that, but you counted that wrong. The total number of ideas is much higher. Those aprox. 230 ideas are only opened ideas – excluding 145 Completed issues and 47 Declined ones. So there are more than 200 ideas "unprocessed yet" and only about 37% of the ideas submitted by users are done or almost done.

Archived