Mac OS problems migrating SqLite to MySQL

gihrig

On Mac OS X I'm trying to migrate Plastic server data from SqLite to MySql

The process starts, seems to complete copying one repo, then crashes with this error

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/dbmigration.conf" is denied.
  at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at admintool.DatabaseMigrator.DeleteFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at admintool.DatabaseMigrator.CleanupPendingOperations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at admintool.DatabaseMigrator.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

dbmigration.conf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<DbConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ProviderName>mysql</ProviderName>
  <ConnectionString>Server=localhost;User Id=root;Password=|SoC|2rJzZ/SgqryQArLUTyv2eg==;Database={0};Pooling=true</ConnectionString>
  <AdminConnectionString />
  <DatabaseCreationCommands />
  <DatabasePath />
  <DatabasePrefix />
  <DatabaseSuffix />
  <DatabaseCollation />
  <ColumnCollation />
  <MaxCachedTrees>50</MaxCachedTrees>
  <LastUsedCsets />
  <LastUsedCsetsLoad>-1</LastUsedCsetsLoad>
  <FullTreeRevisionsLoad>20000</FullTreeRevisionsLoad>
</DbConfig>

db.conf

<DbConfig>
  <ProviderName>sqlite</ProviderName>
  <ConnectionString>Data Source={0};Synchronous=Off;Journal Mode=Delete;Pooling=false</ConnectionString>
  <DatabasePath></DatabasePath>
</DbConfig>

Details:

Path to installation: /Applications/PlasticSCM

Plastic version: 5.4.16.633

Mac OS version 10.10.5

Executing: /Applications/PlasticSCM/mono/bin/mono admintool.exe

from directory: /Applications/PlasticSCM/server

When the process crashes, there is one of 16 rep_xx and a repositories database created in MySQL.

The file dbmigration.conf conf is flagged 777.

I presume the problem is related to strict security on the `/Applications` folder.

I have tried copying the PlasticSCM directory to my user home directory, but the migrate process still looks for it's files in original location.

I have tried executing the above command while logged in as root (`sudo su`), but then the admintool program fails to load, I get a new cursor in terminal, but the admintool GUI never appears.

Any tips on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Hi can you run the tool using the MacOS root user or the sudo?

"sudo /Applications/PlasticSCM/mono/bin/mono admintool.exe"

As mentioned above:

I have tried executing the above command while logged in as root (sudo su), but then the admintool program fails to load, I get a new cursor in terminal, but the admintool GUI never appears.

However...

While I was writing this reply, the GUI appeared, it just took much longer than when running without root.

So, running under root, the migration runs for a while then I get this in the GUI:

! Migration failed
Packets larger that max_allowed_packet are not allowed. 
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.SendPacket (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPacket packet) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ExecutePacket (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPacket packetToExecute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Having started with a clean MySql database, I end up with the following new databases:

rep_7
repositories

rep_7 has many tables, all are empty.

Looking in the database "repositories.repository" I see the record with "iobjid=7" is "sname=iCrumz". This the oldest and largest of my (15) repositories.

Looking at my SqlLite tables, I see the largest is about 55Meg, so I set "max_allowed_packet=100M" in MySQL's config (my.cnf) and the migration completed successfully!!

Sometimes, I just need someone to talk to - Your help is very much appreciated :-)

Archived