SemanticDiff - sometime does not highlights changes

Misieq

Hi

We have straneg observation recently related to SemanticDiff.

In our project we use C language co PlasticSCM is trying to apply C semantic.

Due to some macro extentions it is not correctly parsing it so semantic structure is not detected correctly. But in such case I was quite sure that all changes will be at least correctly highlighted even if not correctly linked with semantic structure.

However recently we have seen case when it was not the case. See attached image.

Could you please tell me if such behaviour is normal behaviour or some issue (I guess that some more details about how detected semantic structure are compared could light this situation a bit).

If this behaviour is normal than I would like know if there is a possibility to set default comparison method to Textual instead of Semantic (I'd like to use Semantic very much but preparation of our own parser will take some time so till that time I need to be sure that no differences will be skipped).

post-28344-0-17816100-1442484290_thumb.png

post-28344-0-17816100-1442484290_thumb.png

Hello!

is it possible for you to send us both revisions so we can test the scenario and improve the semanticdiffs? If you can share them please email them to support at codicesfotware dot com and they will be kept confidential.

The regular text differences are working fine, right?

Hi

I got confirmation that our companies signed proper Agreement thus I will send files soon.

I will appreciate your feedback.

After more closer look I think that changes are detected correctly but highlights are shifted by one line.

BTW I propose to make highlights more visible - colour difference between line background and change background is to small it's easy to miss it :)

Archived