Plug-in Side of "Connection forcibly closed by the remote host"

Frequently (but not always) when I compile in VS2015 (and sometimes just when VS2015 gets focus), I get a dialog that reports:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Server <our server>:8088. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Some details:

* The source control plug-in (Tools->Options->Source Control) is set to Plastic SCM.

* My plastic configuration does not use port 8088. It uses 8087. It is unclear why the dialog is citing port 8088.

* I am running two instances of VS2015, each looking at a solution in a different repo & workspace from the other.

* In one of the workspaces/solutions, some (but not all) vcxproj's have the SCC section set to plastic plug-in.

* Uninstalling the plastic plug-in eliminates the dialogs.

* Uninstalling the plastic SCM plug-in from VS2015 causes VS2015 to modify the SCC sections of the above noted projects to remove the plug-in info. (So as a team we apparently need to all use the plug-in or none of us use it).

In general, it is not clear to me if the Plastic SCM plug-in is intended to be:

* A VS2015 choice; in which case why note and enforce via the vcxproj file?

* A project choice; in which case I do not understand how to specify for all rather than some of a vcxproj's in a repo.

Hi there,

are you using the SCC plugin or the Plastic SCM VS Package?

The 8088 port is used by default for the SSL connections but if your client is not configured to communicate with the server using it I don't understand why are you getting that message.

How do I get the new package to which you refer in post #4?

When I run the 5.4.16.721 installer I am offered the following

* "Visual Studio integration package (2010 of higher)", which affords me "Plastic SCM Source Control Package" in VS (referred to in Post #3)

* "SCC plug-in", which affords me "Plastic SCC Plug-in" in VS (is this the one you recommend using in Post #4? If so, I must say that the installer leads me to believe that this is the older of the two.)

I have removed the "<LastUsedRepServer>" field. It has not returned.

In order to rule out some sort of interaction between the Plastic Client and the plug-in, 

I have also tried the case where I reboot, do not launch the stand alone plastic client, and only use the VS plug-in.

Warnings still appear, still citing the 8088 port.

Hi again,

can you tell me all the ".conf" files you have at:

C:\Users\<Your_user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\

The plugin gets installed by VSIX under "qc5142wc.02w"-like directories. I'm wondering the configuration files you have there.

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\remoting.conf

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\bugzilla.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\fogbugz.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\jira.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\mantis.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\ontime.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\polarion.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\rally.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\trac.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\extensions\config_samples\versionone.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\default\theme.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\default\colors\colors.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\i3\theme.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\i3\colors\colors.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\montana\theme.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\montana\colors\colors.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\montana-dark\theme.conf
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\nwmw0re3.djd\theme\windows\montana-dark\colors\colors.conf

Archived