Plastic Backend

I try to find what is the difference between two avaliable embeded databses. 

Is there any limit on them excluding performance? I really like compact behaviour of Plastic with embeded DB, but I recon some time ago somethign about repository size limitation and my repository is about 4GB which sounds like a moment of to be worried XD

Hi!

SqlServer CE has the 4GB limit, SQLite is not having that limitation and that's why SQLite is now our embedded database choice now.

SQLite performs incredible for a single developer and I do recommend you to switch to it.

I have only one remark for installer :)

Currently SQLite is marked by default - however due to that location of files cannot be changed easily (during installation).

There are some options (conf files modification, switch to different backend and switch back to SQLite) but they are no intuitive.

Could you please allow changing of SQLite settings during first PlasticSCM installation?

Hi Misieq,

thank you for the feedback! The problem is we also have the opposite feedback :S "Guys make the installer easier I don't want to bother with server stuff and db details" -> Cloud Edition installer.

We'll take your comment into account but right now remember you can edit the "db.conf" file and specify a different "DatabasePath" value. You can even stop the server, change the "db.conf" value, copy and paste your current sqlite file to the new location, and restart the server.

Best,

Manu.

Archived